Style Cure: Week 1 Wrap-Up
Last week, as inspiration for my dining room, I gathered many images that I liked on Houzz and Pinterest. I analyzed them and selected just two that I thought were most representative of the feel I would like to create in my “cured” dining room. Here’s a collage of pictures from my current dining room with the two inspiration pics in the middle.
What Makes the Inspirational Images Compelling?
- Walls – neutral colours – white with hints of blue/ green
- Ceiling – perhaps a darker blue-grey?
- Floor – sisal carpet
- Furniture – natural woods, wicker, modern white, painted sand/ taupe colours, rustic shelving, dough-hewn wood, ring drawer pulls
- Textiles – natural linen table cloths/ cushions/ curtains, fur throws, leather chairs
- Accessories – baskets, greenery in large vases, gallery wall, driftwood, mercury glass, milk glass, lanterns
- Lighting – table lamps,
- Windows – plain? linen curtains? hint of orange curtain? steel blue curtain? shutters? low indoor wooden/ wicker flower boxes??
- Some black
Have I missed anything?